Friday, March 13, 2009

March 26

“Every day let us renew the consecration to God’s service; every day let us, in His strength, pledge ourselves afresh to do His will; even in the veriest trifle, and to turn aside from anything that may displease Him. . . . He does not bid us bear the burdens of to-morrow, next week, or next year. Every day we are to come to Him in simple obedience and faith, asking help to keep us and aid us through that day’s work; and to-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow, through years of long to-morrows it will be but the same thing to do; leaving the future always in God’s hands, sure that He can care for it better than we. Blessed trust! That can thus confidingly say, ‘This hour is mine with its present duty; the next is God’s and when it comes His presence will come with it.’”

“Lord, I my vows to Thee renew;
Scatter my sins as morning dew;
Guard my first springs of thought and will,
And with Thyself my spirit fill.

“Direct, control, suggest this day
All I design, or do, or say;
That all my powers with all their might,
In Thy sole glory may unite.”

Bishop KEN

No comments:

Post a Comment