Monday, March 9, 2009

February 27

“While you have any love in you exercise it, make the most of it, feed it by the sight of good things and by imitation of good deeds. Ask of God to enter into your hearts by that open door. Love your husband, your wife, your children, your servants, your master, your brothers and sisters, your neighbours and tradesmen as well as your friends, and consider yourself as sent into the world for the one great purpose of showing kindness and being good to others. Seek in this way to find out what God is. Then God will be found in you and He will show you that He Himself is love; that your love is the reflection of His own; that the less selfish and more loving you are, the more you shall know of Him, and the nearer you shall be drawn to Him.”

VOYSEY

“I do not mean by that . . . I hope we may be less busy, for I wish to be far more so than I have ever been, only with even, ordinary business and calm thoughts. The more we can live out of ourselves and labour for others, the more, I am sure, we shall have of them. Nothing really tires me but self and selfish thoughts.”

F. D. MAURICE

No comments:

Post a Comment