Sunday, March 1, 2009

February 3

“No day is commonplace if we had only eyes to see its splendour. There is no duty that comes to our hand but brings to us the possibility of kingly service. . . . There is nothing possible to a human soul greater than simple faithfulness.”

“Stern Lawgiver! Yet thou dost wear
The Godhead’s most benignant grace;
Now know we anything so fair
As is the smile upon thy face;
Flowers laugh before thee on their beds;
And fragrance in thy footing treads;
Thou dost preserve the stars from wrong;
And the most ancient heavens, through Thee, are fresh and strong.

“To humbler functions, awful Power!
I call thee; I myself commend
Unto thy guidance from this hour;
Oh, let my weakness have an end!
Give unto me, made lowly wise,
The spirit of self-sacrifice
The confidence of reason give;
And in the light of truth thy Bondsman let me live!”

WORDSWORTH

No comments:

Post a Comment