Thursday, August 6, 2009

July 17

“There is work for all of us. And there is special work for each, work which I cannot do in a crowd, or as one of a mass, but as one man, acting singly according to my own gifts, and under a sense of my personal responsibilities. . . . I have a special work to do, as one individual, who, by God’s plan and appointment, have a separate position, separate responsibilities, and a separate work; a work which, if I do not do it, must be left undone.”

RUSKIN

“Therefore, though few may praise, or help, or heed us,
Let us work on with head, or heart, or hand,
For that we know the future ages need us;
And we must help our time to take its stand.

“Each single struggle has its far vibration,
Working results that work results again;
Failure and death are not annihilation,
Our tears exhaled will make some future rain.”

R. A. VAUGHAN

No comments:

Post a Comment