Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June 25

“It should not seem to be so very wonderful a thing that men should attain to the ability to say ‘I am willing to die’. . . . It seems to me a much better, grander, and nobler thing to say, ‘I am willing and ready to live, right here, to-day, in my circumstances; ready to take up my burden, to carry my load, to do my work, to wait God’s time’.”

M. D. SAVAGE

“We know what strength, what resolution, what scattering of idle doubts, what concentration of aim, come when we once have avowed our choice.
“Numberless temptations are removed by the mere fact that our part is taken.
“The obligation of our cause is upon us.”

Bishop WESTCOTT

“An ideal may seem unattainable, but when it is distinctly acknowledged as the object of aspiration, it will be found close at hand.”

Bishop WESTCOTT

No comments:

Post a Comment