Thursday, February 19, 2009

January 6

January 6

“This is not the mere being good, it is the definite surrender of oneself and one’s life at any cost. I feel God has been calling you to the highest point of union with His Divine Life, and you must aim to be very true in following. And that following is not in the outer sections of your life, though they are the bulwarks and stays of it, but it is in the inner surrender of the soul, the willingness that self should suffer, be buffeted, cut down, cease to exist; - no longer ‘I like,’ but that God wills it. – that life has no will but to respond unhesitatingly to the Divine Will. One by one everything must be offered to God. The dying self offeres it to God a thousand times, and then shrinks back and takes to itself that which it has offered.
“But God loves us too well, and is too true with us, not to oblige us to be true with him.”
H. MONSELL

“Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination to me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting. Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth; they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them. And when you spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you; yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear; your hands are full of blood.
“Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.”

ISAIAH i. 13 – 17

No comments:

Post a Comment