Friday, February 20, 2009

January 12

“When we wish things to be otherwise than they are, we lose sight of the great practical parts of the life of godliness. We wish and wish, when, if we have done all that lies in us, we should fall quietly into the hands of God. Such wishing cuts the very sinews of our privileges and consolations. You are leaving me for a time; you say that you wish you could leave me better or leave me with some assistance: but if it is right for you to go, it is right for me to meet what lies on me, without a wish that I had less to meet, or were better able to meet it.”

R. CECIL

It is not by seeking more fertile regions where toil is lighter – happier circumstances, free from difficult complications and troublesome people – but by bringing the high courage of a devout soul, clear in principle and aim, to bear upon what is given to us, that we brighten our inward light, lead something of a true life, and introduce the Kingdom of Heaven into the midst of our earthly day. If we cannot work out the Will of God where God has placed us, then why has He placed us there?”

J. H. THOM

No comments:

Post a Comment