Tuesday, January 5, 2010

September 19

“You need not suppose that I am in a constant hurry of business. Although my engagements have now so much increased that I scarcely know how to get through them, yet I have accustomed myself to preserve a certain quietness of mind among them all. I take up one thing in order after another. I try to fix my whole thoughts upon the one thing that lies before me, as if I had nothing else to attend to. In this way I get on very well; what is done is done systematically; my mind remains clear, and does not feel oppressed by a multitude of claims on its attention.

. . . . . . . . . . . .

“Let the duties that lie nearest you be always the most imperative; the members of your own home-circle will always have the first claim on your affection and usefulness. I lay this down as an unalterable rule.”

A. SIEVEKING

“In God’s designs there is no haste, no rest, no weariness, no discontinuity; all things are done by Him in the majesty of silence, and they are seen under a light that shineth quietly in the darkness, ‘showing all things in the slow history of their ripening’.”

Archdeacon FARRAR

No comments:

Post a Comment