Sunday, November 8, 2009

August 21

On working a Guild. “It is a matter in which we can only pray for wisdom to deal with individual cases; but it has often seemed to me that a good rule to adopt would be ‘Love them, and pray for them, and leave them alone as much as possible.’ – To be ever on the watch for results is not good. It is like pulling up the growing plant to examine its progress. It is well to remember that though ‘Duties are ours – results are God’s’”

“I am glad to think
I am not bound to make the world go right;
But only to discover and to do,
With cheerful heart, the work that God appoints.
I will trust in Him,
That He can hold His own; and I will take
His will, above the work He sendeth me,
To be my chiefest good.”
JEAN INGELOW

"Much of the ability to do good is in the disposition to do it. The very breathing of a benevolent heart is a species of doing good.”
HARVEY

No comments:

Post a Comment